Adriaan Bloem, writing on CMSWatch.com discusses how the cost of SharePont FAST 2010 might not be as cheap as the relatively modest licence fee suggests, especially when considering the costs of systems integrators – many of whom may have to use client projects to get up to speed:
“However, make no mistake: FAST may be a lot less expensive, but it’s certainly not going to come cheap. Not in the least bit because implementing it right will still be an expert’s job. There’s a real risk that your SharePoint integrator will charge you for what amounts to their own on-the-job training. Nor will it be a breeze to keep running — a lot easier than the old FAST ESP — but still quite hard, especially at a large scale.” [Read More]
- SharePoint 2013 Overview and Introduction: 4th December 2012, Reading (UK)
- SharePoint 2013 Public Beta Released - What Are The Implications For Users And DAM Vendors?
- Introduction To SharePoint 2010 Seminars: UK (Reading, Basingstoke and London), Jan-Mar 2012
- Myths About Taxonomy And SharePoint
- SharePoint Online or On-premise? Seminars From ICS Solutions