CMS Wire’s Jeff Carr looks at SharePoint 2010’s metadata tagging and controlled vocabulary features and explains why metadata is so crucial for effective enterprise information management.
“The semantic enrichment of content through the application of metadata tagging is a critical activity in the creation of a well managed and usable information environment. SharePoint 2010 brings a number of key features to this domain. Here’s the how and why of SharePoint content enrichment. There are a number of reasons why tagging is so important to enterprise information, including the enhancement of navigation (filtering/sorting mechanisms, guided navigation), improvement of search (relevancy, faceted search and best bets) and personalization (suggestions for related content, job role, location or department).” [Read More]
- SharePoint 2013 Overview and Introduction: 4th December 2012, Reading (UK)
- SharePoint 2013 Public Beta Released - What Are The Implications For Users And DAM Vendors?
- Introduction To SharePoint 2010 Seminars: UK (Reading, Basingstoke and London), Jan-Mar 2012
- Myths About Taxonomy And SharePoint
- SharePoint Online or On-premise? Seminars From ICS Solutions