In this article, Shawn Shell ponders whether SharePoint 2010 has spread itself too thinly with its numerous bells and whistles and asks ‘has SharePoint got too big for its own good?”
“In SharePoint 2010, Microsoft has created much broader management capabilities and better integration services. SharePoint now carries many more enterprise features, like business intelligence reporting and managed metadata. The resulting package is an increasingly complex platform that may have become that very complicated tool it originally displaced — namely the Documentums and Hummingbirds of this world (both acquired by larger competitors). This begs the question: will SharePoint 2010 enjoy the same success as 2007, or will it collapse under its own weight?” [Read More]
- SharePoint 2013 Overview and Introduction: 4th December 2012, Reading (UK)
- SharePoint 2013 Public Beta Released - What Are The Implications For Users And DAM Vendors?
- Introduction To SharePoint 2010 Seminars: UK (Reading, Basingstoke and London), Jan-Mar 2012
- Myths About Taxonomy And SharePoint
- SharePoint Online or On-premise? Seminars From ICS Solutions