- Variable data*: contains information or images that changes from piece to piece and personalised for every recipient.
- Versioned: a single strategy translated into several static editions. Not personalised, but grouped to improve targeting and relevancy.
- Static: each output is the same for the entire print run and only mailing labels are amended.
* Also referred to as ‘data driven’.
MailPrint have this check list to help you choose which option is best:
- How many varying text fields and images are you using?
- Do you have any variable information within another variable field?
- If you produce it by versioning, what would the total number of versions be?
- What is the total quantity for the project? What are the quantities for each version?
- Does splitting the data into multiple groups introduce risk into the project or increase the data processing cost?