Some research released by Enterprise Information Watch released yesterday reveals that pure play DAM vendors are looking to differentiate themselves from ECM vendors offering ‘one size fits all’ approaches to DAM.
“As DAM applications have moved away from thick clients to web-based applications, and CMS vendors add basic image/video management features, the distinction is less clear to buyers. The confusion increases as more Web Content Management or Document Management vendors bid on DAM procurements.” [Read More]
The research suggests that vendors are using auxiliary functionality such as video manipulation, multi-channel distribution, 3D image management as differentiators from ECM alternatives. This highlights a growing trend we have observed for vendors to increasing try to specialise on a given media or vertical market due to sustained competition from generalist solutions such as SharePoint.
- Using Integrated Digital Asset Supply Chains To Derive Relevant Metadata For Digital Assets
- Finding Signs Of Life In DAM
- Improving DAM In 2017: Building Time Machines For Digital Assets
- Improving DAM In 2017: The Expanding Universe Of Digital Assets
- Improving DAM In 2017: Creating The Conditions For DAM Innovation