In this article, Dale Vile asks why, despite advances in technology and practice, some business data issues never seem to go away and postulates as to whether IT departments and solution vendors are too focused on chasing the lastest trends than solving the fundamentals.
“No one disputes the fact that there’s a lot of data kicking around in most businesses. Neither are there arguments about how hard it is to find relevant information when you need it. Sure, there are exceptions, and some very progressive businesses manage their so called ’information assets’ extremely well, but for most of the rest of us, we know things are far from perfect, and the issues surrounding data quality, completeness, coherency and consistency are all too familiar.” [Read More]
- Using Integrated Digital Asset Supply Chains To Derive Relevant Metadata For Digital Assets
- Finding Signs Of Life In DAM
- Improving DAM In 2017: Building Time Machines For Digital Assets
- Improving DAM In 2017: The Expanding Universe Of Digital Assets
- Improving DAM In 2017: Creating The Conditions For DAM Innovation