You are here: Home » Industry News » Corbis Sygma Liquidation – Up To 12m Images Could Be Destroyed

Corbis Sygma Liquidation – Up To 12m Images Could Be Destroyed

by Naresh Sarwan on February 28, 2011

As reported by WhichStockAgency.com, French news stock library Sygma which was liquidated by former owners Corbis in May of last year may have 25% of its collection (which is controlled by the liquidator) destroyed:

It had been hoped that the Sygma brand would continue but it now seems that up to 12 million images may simply be destroyed. 75% of the collection held by Corbis will survive but the remaining 25% of photographs are under the control of the liquidator and unless they’re claimed by the photographers, they will be destroyed which will be a real tragedy.” [Read More]

Related posts:


Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: