- Theresa Regli’s critical evaluation of vendor ‘overstatements’.
- Speech to text – the automated recognition and indexing of narrative content to simplify transcription of dynamic media.
- Image viewers and advanced zoom controls for inspecting assets (especially for preservation).
- Procurement processes for DAM systems and how Cambridge University Press managed a tender that started out with 452 candidate vendors.
- Sarah Saunders overview of controlled vocabularies and managing metadata.
The article is the first of a series and if you did not attend Henry Stewart London due to other commitments (or are thinking about going to one of their other conferences) this should give you a good overview.