Deb Hunt, writing on the FUMSI site describes some unique skills that digital librarians can bring to a DAM implementation. These include:
- An understanding of who audiences are and what they are looking for.
- Developing metadata schemas and taxonomies.
- Recognising the business value that finding information offers.
- Experience of creating IP and copyright policies.
- Expertise about organising assets.
- Findability and organising information.
- Able to prioritise what needs to be indexed first and why.
- Understanding the importance of starting small and scaling up based on clearly defined need.
The rest of the article is at: http://web.fumsi.com/go/article/manage/68499
- DAM Foundation Digital Asset Manager Human Resources Survey - Call For Participation
- More Digital Asset Managers Or More Digital Asset Management Education?
- Digital Asset Management - Finding The Right Fit (And The People To Run It For You Too)
- DAM News Special Feature: Becoming A DAM Superhero
- Key Attributes For Successful Digital Asset Managers